A Guide to Organic Alcohol Products

Organic products have secured a niche in almost every market, from textile to art supplies, daily produce to alcohol. Yes, alcohol! You read that right. This growing trend has reached the world of alcoholic beverages, providing a health-conscious, sustainable drinking experience.

You’ve come to the right place if you’re embarking on an organic lifestyle, or even just curious about it. Join us for the ride as we explore the nature and benefits of organic alcohol!

What is Organic Alcohol?

Unlike traditional alcohol, organic alcohol’s production methods avoid pesticides, fertilizers,  chemicals and genetically modified organisms (GMOs) that can increase the risk of cancer and other health risks. If you care about what goes in your body without sacrificing your favourites, check it out.

How to know if it’s legit?

Any brand could claim to be organic to increase their sales; this is why it is important to educate yourself on government certifications and make informed decisions. To be certified as organic, organizations have to comply with specific conditions on how they’re produced, processed, transported and stored.

USDA Organic and EU Organic require products to contain at least 95% organic ingredients, and follow strict conditions for the remaining 5%. Bear in mind that different countries have different requirements and standards for organic certification, so in the case of imported products, it’s always better to do your own research before consumption.

We suggest that you choose trusted organizations certified by legitimate government organic labels.

Why Organic Alcohol?

No amount of improvements in the production process can make alcohol nutritional, and so the key is to consume it in moderation to live your best life. However, there are some benefits to organically procuded alcohol which traditional alcohol severly lacks.

Better Taste

As is with other organic foods, the absence of icky, toxic substances, organic alcohol has a better, brighter, and fresher taste. Organic gin, vodka, rum, tequila, gin, wine, beer seltzers are all more flavourful. From crisp organic beers to rich organic wine, the world of organic alcohol offers an array of choices for a variety of taste palettes.

Health Benefits

The absence of harmful chemicals, pesticides, and other carcinogenic substances results in a much cleaner product with higher nutrient content in the ingredients used.

Additionally, organic alcohol is stored and transported in hygienic conditions to your favourite craft breweries, wineries and distilleries so that safety is never compromised. Furthermore, organic red wines are rich in resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant.

Less Painful Hangovers

While more research is needed to be absolutely certain, some claim that the purity of organic alcohol means that it goes down smoother and results in less hangovers, while others claim that it’s all the same as traditional alcohol. Even if the verdict is still out on this, it sure does make a difference if you consume less pesticide-laden food.


One of the key factors in organic alcohol production in the incorporation of sustainable farming practices. Farmers employ environmentally friendly methods like crop rotation, composting and natural pest control to maintain soil fertility and minimize carbon emissions.

Organic farming preserves the ecological balance and promotes a healthier environment, and helps us take from the environment without compromising its sanctity.

Environmental Impact

The production of traditional alcohol has many environmental repurcussions from various pollutions to the loss of biodiversity. In contrast, production of organic alcohol promotes sustainable land use, conservation of water, and reduction of greenhouse gas emission, making it the obvious choice for the environmentally conscious consumer.


With its potential health benefits and positive impact on the environment, organic alcohol proves to be a better alternative to conventional alcohol, so let us raise our glasses to holistic, sustainable and responsible drinking, cheers!

About Carson Derrow

My name is Carson Derrow I'm an entrepreneur, professional blogger, and marketer from Arkansas. I've been writing for startups and small businesses since 2012. I share the latest business news, tools, resources, and marketing tips to help startups and small businesses to grow their business.