Winter has come and as you pack your bags to go on a vacation, take a minute or two and read the following points to make your family and friends look great in the holiday photographs.
- While you relax, don’t miss out on the scenic beauty of the place. Every place: a busy city, a remote village, or a secluded resort on the countryside, has a different aura. Take the changing weather shots: broken clouds, overcast days and partial sun can turn a regularly photographed area into one with a highly unique perspective. Include the weather, sun and clouds in your photos to give a sense of location to your shots.
- Don’t forget the people: When you’re out traveling to new and exciting locations with your camera, it’s really easy to get diverted and forget about the most important aspect of your holiday: the people that came with you, your friends and family. Click a bunch of weird selfies. Don’t forget the group photos, because 10 years from now you would definitely want to remember how each one them looked at that time and that place.
- Capture the Candid Moments: Along with the mainstream posed images, try capturing things as they’re happening.
- Concentrate on the details: With vacation photos, we are always tempted to take photos of the huge mountains, the vast ocean and the blue sky- but we often miss out on the small things- small animals, unique flower petals, or even the textures of rock. Even if these things can be found in your backyard. Click!
When you’re somewhere you’ve never been before, capturing the tiniest details has a way of making the trip seem that much more interesting when you’re showing the pictures off to your friends and family.
- Adjust your shutter speed: To avoid a blurry photo and camera shake, adjust your shutter speed above 1/80th If you are shooting movement or you are shooting, sitting a moving bus or car, then try to stay way above 1/80th sec.
- Include sign in your photo: Includes sign boards, store signage, bus tickets, prices of fruits and vegetables, restaurant bills, anything which add to your vacation story. Signs bring character and personality to pictures taken while on vacation.
- Always carry extra memory cards and backup: You wouldn’t want your camera flashing the “MEMORY FULL” message just when you are about to capture an epic moment on reel.
Make your vacations memorable, as you capture the best of events. Happy Holidays!